Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

First Two Weeks, A Glimpse Into Room 6, And Do You Use Oils?!?!

Oh my the first two weeks have flown by. Each night I was determine to sit down and wrote a post..... You can see how that went!  

This is my sixth year teaching at an urban title 1 school. I have 21 students in my class (as of Friday) lol!  By far this is my smallest class to date!  I am so excited to see all I can do with such a manageable number. 

Here is a glimpse of my classroom this year!

Standards Board

Classroom reading corner


Focus wall 


Layered boarder!!!

A first grade favorite :)


Writing center



Classroom window garden 

Here are some of the activities we did the first week!

I introduced centers on the third day, call me crazy but it went really well!  I needed to start testing my kiddos on DIBELS and our new reading assessment Amplified.  Here are pictures of the kids in their centers and a link to the set :)

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Back-To-School-Reading-Centers-Math-Centers-and-Printables-First-Grade-1332289









During the first week we read lots of back to school reads!  The first grade favorite was The Pout Pout Fish!!


I used The Inspired Apple's Fun with Firsties set for some great writing activities and class activities. 



Do any of you use essential oils?!?!  I am new to the oil world and LOVING it!  Every year I end up having to take a few days off the first few weeks due to my mold allergy.  This year I searched for a new remedy..... I found one!!  I have been using oils to help control the pressure and congestion!  Here is the recipe :)

On top of using the oils for my allergies I have been supplementing them for just about everything!  Peppermint for my headaches, lavenders and cedarwood for 
help at night with sleeping, and diffusing tons of different combinations!  You much check out Young Living Essential Oils :). I love using Pinterest to look up different ways to use the oils to replace everyday health items!!  

Thanks for stopping in! 


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the layering boarder this year too. I layered our Calendar area and our Religion board. Yours turned out very cute. I love mine too.
    21 students is awesome. I have 21 but they are 1st and 2nd and they are driving me crazy already on day 10 with their talking. We can barely get any learning done. Working on that by calling parents to help....
    Have a fantastic month. It looks like you are off to a great start.
    Sharon
    http://laramiesfantasticfirstgraders.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete