Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Workstation Wednesday! Word Wall

I love using the word wall as a center!  The best part of using the word wall is it's an ever changing center.  I am always adding words to the wall.  With the words always changing you can use activities over and over.  I love using sorts, sentences, and read the wall as the center.  I use a word wall pack from Carly Wizeman's TPT store.  She has some great ideas!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Word-Wall-Activity-Sheets-172892

I have clipboards the students use at the centers to document the words according to the task.   One word wall center activity I made is to use a word in a sentence.  They write the word in the box, write a sentence, and use a colored pencil to outline the word wall word.  I love this activity because it's ever changing.  I am always adding words to the wall :)  five a week to be exact! 





1 comment:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that i have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.ft launderdale office cubicles

    ReplyDelete